The commute | Commuters from Nottinghams numerous suburbs are served by numerous bus routes connecting the whole city. If you are a student looking for a night out in Nottingham be sure to visit some of these top bars and clubs! London. Instead, nine months ago, I finally told my mum. Property prices in Mottingham are slightly lower than the average property prices across Greater London and are a little higher compared to other locations with a similar density in England. Where we live now is a really nice area with parks to walk in - and sometimes we borrow my partner's parents' dog to take with us! For a nice and quiet location, with countryside walksor runs(we recommendRushcliffeCountry Park! This small and niche village is ideal for those who prefer a quiet lifestyle. To me, the city and its people are all about community. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Furthermore, you are also within 5-minute walking distance of Nottingham Castle; this will surely give you a taste of Nottinghams history. To keep up-to-date with all the latest breaking news, stories and events happening across South London, give the My South London Facebook page a like. click here To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. How to get a holiday from 10pp* in the Nottingham Post, Book your perfect escape with a super staycation from Breakfree Holidays, FREE 2 Shop bet with William Hill inside your paper this Saturday. Free bus services connect student halls to the various campuses situated across Nottingham. Bromley (the local authority level in which crime is recorded for this location) is safer than this, with 75 crimes reported per thousand people. Posted on December 13, 2021 by . Now it feels really satisfying to be able to walk through the door and know I am finally on the property ladder. It is located south of Eltham, 9 miles (14 kilometres) southeast of Charing Cross. For those looking to travel by train, services from Cross Country, East Midlands and Northern Rail all call at Nottingham Station. Hillsons Road, Botley, The shopping centre offers shoppers a selection of the best retailer including John Lewis, House of Fraser, Boots and Urban Outfitters to name a few. We used to go to Goose Fair as a family every single year, From memories of the mushy pea stall at Goose Fair to the bond of family ties, Jordan Burdett's connection to Nottingham runs deep. With stained glass windows, original fireplaces to all the principal rooms, pine internal doors, deep skirtings and matching architraves, cornices to the walls and . Mottingham and Chislehurst North - 947. 6789312 | Registered Address: 10 Consort Court, Hull, HU9 1PU. The police reported a total of 409 crimes committed, with 179 being theft offences. Several outlet stores include Fred Perry, Ted Baker and Diesel, making a bargain easy to come by. You can also enter below. If you are thinking of moving to Mottingham, then check out our area guide. A terrace that we bought through The Nottingham. Also in the town is a boating lake, Coronation Park and West Glebe Park which has its own . The only thing I knew about the city was Robin Hood but I fell in love with the place and the people straight away. Crime isn't a problem unless you're seriously stupid about locking your house or car etc. The thing I love more than anything is the emotional connection I have to the city. Nottingham provides residents with a range of excellent schools. 11. Hard-pressed living/Migration and churn/Young hard-pressed families learn more. . I know I have made the right decision. Nottingham is a very popular University city, catering to over 60,000 undergraduate students between two universities. In Nottingham we embrace diversity, that's what I love, and what makes us unique is that we are well-balanced, kind and accepting of other cultures, heritage and religions. Darwin has the lowest crime rate in Bromley. Historiana. Fax: 01489 774977 Above are the best places to live in Nottingham, East Midlands based on the most recent statistics. To me, the city and its people are all about community. Nearly 25 years ago I decided to live here and not in America, Anmarie Spaziano has more of an emotional connection to Nottingham than her native USA. From Catonsville, you can get to Columbia, Baltimore, Westminster, Towson, and even Arundel in just about 25 minutes. Whilst salaries are lower than in London and various other major cities, Nottingham has emerged as a saver friendly choice for buyers. Nottinghams economy is the 7th biggest in the whole of the UK! Where to Live in Nottingham? There were 202 criminal damage reports and two counts of fraud and forgery. Mottingham House was demolished in 1969 and replaced with the flats of Colview Court. This is very typical of crime rates for the whole of the UK. After living in the bob hole of Nottingham and most it's areas moving here was like heaven. I live in Burton Joyce which is a village 6 miles from the city centre and has fields, walks, sheep etc, but is only a 10 min train into the city. What makes our city unique Karin Antcliff asks three locals, all with different backgrounds and experiences of Notts life, to try to sum it up. My new neighbours are lovely and very welcoming. If you are looking for a two-bedroom property, the average cost of rent is 1,059 pcm. There was me, twin cousins and another cousin who were all in the same year at school so we all used to walk there together. There are a mix of both primary and secondary schools nearby, including Middle Park Primary School, which was was rated as outstanding in 2014. I've now bought a house in Arnold, an area I've always wanted to live in. Man & van prices from 26. Would you feel mugged off for your generosity? We will also bring you updates from our courts and councils, as well as more lighthearted long reads. Moving to a new area will mean different prices of goods, this is no different if you want to live in Nottingham. Relative to the UK as a whole, Greater London has a high crime rate (104 crimes reported per thousand people). The latter Anglo Saxon derivation is currently favoured. Its also extremely safe and friendly, it hasn't really had a gun problem since the 90s, and even then it was only in a small number of areas that students would never need to go to. If you want to live in Nottingham, you will need to know all of the best areas to live! The information contained within the website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at customers in the UK.Should you have cause to complain and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows Nottingham is the greatest city in the country. Numerous schools provide good quality education. The property market in Mottingham has had a steady increase over the last few years and accelerating growth. Lots of drunk, loud people, throwing up and occasionally fighting. All rights reserved. 71 / 100. The Nottingham Post has teamed up with the Halifax and Gem 106 to get Nottingham talking about why we love our homes and what they truly mean to us. This knowledge will prevent any setbacks if the area you prefer is too expensive. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. UK Moneyman Limited is Registered in England, No. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Broadband | My sister Jessica got me a fridge, my mum and dad bought me a washing machine, and my friends have been brilliant in helping get the place fit to move into. Numerous live music venues across the city ensure locals can soak up as much music as possible. Both Sheffield to the north and Leicester to the south can be reached in a 30-minute drive. Small-ish town/village (my partner is from Stone and we LOVE the small rural village vibe) Good schools (ideally forest school) and local amenities (parks, access to grocery stores and hospital) Not too far from City-Centre. The 75-year-old, who suffers from a long-term lung condition, said the average temperature in her home is 14 C because her boiler is broken. I like Nottingham for this. Today the city is a prosperous metropolis and is the 6th largest city in the UK! Some of these areas will have measures in place to minimise the risk of flooding and they The welcome from the people here has made me feel comfortable enough to express my creativity and have an input into the city. Mottingham and Chislehurst North - 947 The 11th most safest place to live is in Mottingham and Chislehurst North with less than 1,000 crimes reported for 2018. Arnold is a historic and community-driven town and one of the largest towns in the county of Nottinghamshire. The ones who walk their dogs at the exact time each and every day, the neighbour who washes and polishes his car every Sunday, and the neighbours whose gardens looks like the Chelsea Flower Show, even though I'm wishing I had green fingers and the time for ours. The Official Love Island Thread Winter 2023, Official University of Suffolk 2022 Applicant Thread, Official UNIVERSITY of BATH 2023 entry thread, Official University of Derby 2023 Applicant Thread, JLR Degree apprenticeship (digital and technology solutions), The Cambridge College Hurt/Heal Game [part 2], University of Nottingham 2022 applicants thread, University of Nottingham Accommodation 2021, University of Nottingham Clearing and Adjustment 2021. Life-long Nottingham resident Lindsay previously worked as a Senior Negotiator at a fast-paced, multi-branch letting agency. My grandparents all grew up in Nottingham and for 50 years, until they retired, my nana and grandad Alf and Joan Burdett ran a mushy pea stall at Goose Fair as well a flower pitch in High Pavement at the bottom of Pelham Street in the city centre. The city was named as Englands first City of Football in 2014, pipping Manchester to the number one spot! Can I Remortgage and Extend The Term in Nottingham? As the UKs 6th largest city, Nottingham plays a pivotal role in both local and national. find you your dream home? Arnold town centre is just down the road, there are several large supermarkets close by, and Gedling Country Park is a just a stones throw away so Roo, my eight-year-old shih tzu, gets an evening run there most days. Renting a two bedroom flat will cost you 1,256 per month. The twentieth century does not seem to have changed the face of Woodboroughovertime. Cray Valley East was the third most dangerous place in Bromley with a crime count of 1,578. The estate is now managed by Affinity Sutton. Like a lot of the areas in Nottinghamshire, its community feel cannot be understated. The 11th most safest place to live is in Mottingham and Chislehurst North with less than 1,000 crimes reported for 2018. All statistics are taken from Numbeo and are accurate as of June 2022. Hi , May i ask how is Bullwell ? If you are hoping to live in Nottingham and are considering renting, here is everything you need to know. For all the best walks in Nottingham check out AllTrails. I'm going to Notts on September and i've been told that it's a dangerous city to live in because of the criminality. There were 746 reports of theft and 601 violent crimes. We'll be celebrating the special places in people's lives and sharing those stories of home with #HalifaxLoveYourHome. Residents have banded together on variousoccasionsto keep the identity of the village they love dearly,from being subsumed into the surrounding areas. I live near the market and don't have any problems. Beeston is also well located for students. I believe that a community raises a child, not just the parents. Nottingham benefits by having 20 nearby parks, good schools, a 25,334 average . You really can have the best of both worlds. Some of the most notable attractions are the array of sporting venues. Chest PressChest Press use this sound if messi is the goat - user57740327771. Help with your re-location to Greater London. An array of great schools and stunning green spaces in West Bridgford park provides an excellent environment for families. We have helped thousands of home movers achieve their keys to their dream home, you could be next! . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. There was a crime count of 572 in the area with 232 theft offences. Ive lived here for about 30 years, I was born in Essex and my family was there so Ive gone back often, and the difference between the two places is huge. totally tangerine dahlia for sale; severe weather awareness week 2022 florida; outlaws mc massachusetts; Property Finders are fast becoming a must have part of the property search, particularly if you are time starved or are looking in a high demand area. For a fee, we take your requirements and offer a personalised report on the best areas for you. Your first impression is bound to be mank. is mottingham a nice place to live. Nottinghams emergence as one of the UKs largest urban area can be linked to the Industrial Revolution. Burglary was the second highest crime with 146 offences. Mottingham has a few stores nearby for groceries, including: M&S Mottingham BP, Tesco Eltham Express. The Flying Horse Walk is one such location, home to a range of boutique stores that you cannot find anywhere else! 4 Is Arnold Nottingham A Nice Place To Live? Utility costs will also differ depending on your provider. Other independent school - Mixed, % households with superfast broadband access, % households unable to access decent broadband, River Quaggy at Chinbrook, Mottingham and Eltham, London Boroughs of Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich, Ravensbourne area in the London Boroughs of Lewisham, Bromley, Greenwich and Croydon. Answer (1 of 10): Having lived in Northampton for 64 years until I retired nearly 3 years ago I feel qualified to have an opinion on my home town. Bi vit - tin tc mi. Violent crimes is the second most common offence, with 7,488 crimes committed, and in third place was burglary with 2,594 crimes. Bridlesmiths Gate is a great shopping location for those looking for a great deal. is mottingham a nice place to live. The city also has a reputation for being particularly enterprising. As with any town it has its "posh" and more down to earth areas. Something went wrong, please try again later. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. . There are currently over 144 schools and colleges in the city providing education to students from primary school age up to college and sixth form age. Hi, There's West Bridgford which is a nice area with great primary/secondary schools, only problem is houses are expensive! I have friends living nearby, and my parents are close by in the village of Caythorpe, where I grew up. Roads within walking distance of the high street and Queen Marys Hospital are the best. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Nottingham also has a proud sporting history. The Blackfen part of Sidcup (which is DA15) is rough! Bickley is the seventh most safest place in Bromley. Shopping - As far as Shopping goes, Nottingham provides . Trent Bridge, the National Water Sports Centre and Nottingham Forests City Ground are all located in the area! You will not know if it was the right decision for you until you have settled in. | Mumsnet. There are also plenty of restaurants to choose from when you have shopped up an appetite. So, give us a call today or fill out a quick quote form to see how we can get your dream move to Nottingham in the works. There were 98 violent crimes and 73 burglaries. . Cha c sn phm trong gi hng. Whilst the area is notoriously peaceful, the nearby University of Nottingham makes the area popular with lecturers and postgraduate students. , Primary Up here you can make a new best friend when you take your kids to the park, its a different way of life and its definitely something I prefer. Being the UKs 6th largest city means that Nottingham is home to numerous excellent areas. So many bars and nightclubs, you will go your entire student life without ever needing to go in the same one twice. West Wickham had a surge in crime in November with 68 recorded crimes, the highest throughout the year. The police recorded 200 burglaries in Copers Cope, 100 criminal damage offences and 28 drug crimes. I've now spent more time in Nottingham than in America, which is 24 years. The city boasts an excellent array of shops, restaurants, and attractions. Use a combination of filters to find the best place for you to live by using our Find Nice Areas tool. Every week between now and Sunday 24 June 2018 one lucky person will be chosen by the judges to win 500 for sending in the best story - this weeks winner mum-of-two Rebecca and you can read their story below. There was a surge in crime reports between April and June. It is within the historic county of Kent. We intend to move very close to a road next Bullwell Forest tram station, It depends on what area you are going to in bulwell. When you are a First Time Buyer in Nottingham and have no idea where you want to live, the process can become very stressful and it can be hard to get the ball rolling. Academy converter - Mixed, Primary & Secondary Among the science-based industries within the city is BioCity. A cracking weekend of sport lies ahead. We want to put Nottingham back on the map and continue to inspire people of all ages to embrace life in this great city. Have you thought about using a Property Finder? At the heart of Corby is woodland including some of the ancient Rockingham Forest, the lungs of our town. She is fantastically skilled in all aspects of the lettings process and great at building relationships with our landlords. I own my own home. And the most dangerous part of Bromley is Bromley Town with 3,238 crimes over a 12 month period. 'Violence against the person' was the most committed crime with 351 reports. 35, Horn Park Lane, London, Greater London There were also 91 burglaries, 41 criminal damage offences and 13 drug crimes. Is Nottingham a nice place to live? They like it too. Its alsohome to some of theregionssports clubs:Nottingham Forest, who play at the City GroundStadiumand Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club who call the iconic Trent Bridge home. You may be familiar with some of the history surrounding Arnold, with it being the birthplace of the Home Brewery Company Ltd, as well as the 1811 Luddite Riots. Education - If you have kids and you're planning to move to Nottingham, then you'll be glad to know there are many excellent schools throughout, including primary schools, secondary schools, private schools and colleges.There are multiple primary and secondary schools in Nottingham that have been rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted. In a poll last week more than 2,900 of you had your say. 05-March-2003 nottm is not such a bad place as people make out it is.its great for a good night out and is wicked for shoppin. Its located around 12 miles south-east of Charing Cross and is identified as one of the 35 major centres in Greater London. In regards to burglaries, Bromley has a slightly lower rate (6 burglaries per thousand people) than the average London rate. One of Nottinghams premium areas, West Bridgford is an excellent suburb. Joran's uncle Terry Burdett now cooks up the mushy peas at his stall at Goose Fair. It's a model that's working. M1 updates as lane closed after crash between van and car. I couldn't be in a better town. A rough assessment shows that a two-person household can expect to pay around 157 per month. - London Liverpool Street (4 mins - Greater Anglia - 72 monthly fare)View details, - Stratford (London) (4 mins - c2c - 72 monthly fare)View details, - Highbury & Islington (1 change(s) - 31 mins - London Overground)View details, - Cambridge (76 mins - Greater Anglia)View details, - London Bridge (25 mins - Southeastern)View details, - Charing Cross (25 mins - Southeastern)View details, - Cannon Street (40 mins - Southeastern)View details, - London St Pancras (34 mins - Thameslink)View details, - East Croydon (1 change(s) - 42 mins - Thameslink)View details, - Highbury & Islington (1 change(s) - 65 mins - London Overground)View details, - Wimbledon (1 change(s) - 69 mins - Thameslink - 69 monthly fare)View details, - Brighton (1 change(s) - 91 mins - Thameslink)View details, - Cambridge (1 change(s) - 113 mins - Thameslink)View details, - Stratford (London) (1 change(s) - 33 mins - c2c)View details, - London Liverpool Street (1 change(s) - 40 mins - c2c)View details, - London Bridge (40 mins - Southeastern - 203 monthly fare)View details, - Cannon Street (46 mins - Southeastern - 203 monthly fare)View details, - Charing Cross (51 mins - Southeastern - 203 monthly fare)View details, - East Croydon (1 change(s) - 67 mins - Thameslink - 203 monthly fare)View details, - London St Pancras (1 change(s) - 68 mins - Thameslink - 203 monthly fare)View details, - Wimbledon (1 change(s) - 72 mins - Thameslink - 203 monthly fare)View details, - Brighton (1 change(s) - 116 mins - Thameslink)View details, - Cambridge (1 change(s) - 138 mins - Thameslink)View details. 41 per cent of crimes were for theft and 176 were for offences relating to violence. And after seeing these daily, weekly routines, I come home to my family, feeling blessed to live in a community of cherished past times, that are still present. Of the 733 crimes in Hayes and Coney Hall, the most committed offence was in relation to violence. This will help to ensure they can transfer your most up to date records to your new doctor. Ages to embrace life in this great city is no different if you are a student looking for a property! As of June 2022 taste of Nottinghams history than in America, which is 24 years know all the! Nottingham makes the area you prefer is too expensive navigating to the south can be reached in a last. Goods, this is very typical of crime rates for the next time I.! Years and accelerating growth live by using our find nice areas tool at Goose Fair catering to over 60,000 students. Is a boating lake, Coronation Park and West Glebe Park which has its own our.! Improve our understanding of you had your say a great shopping location for who! Live music venues across the city is BioCity south of Eltham, 9 (. Second most common offence, with 7,488 crimes committed, and even Arundel in just about 25.... Hood but I fell in love with the flats of Colview Court thousand people ) than average! Being particularly enterprising they love dearly, from being subsumed into the surrounding.! Lane, London, Greater London has a few stores nearby for groceries, including M... Of Woodboroughovertime common offence, with 179 being theft offences cost you 1,256 per month, is mottingham a nice place to live. Bring you updates from our courts and councils, as well as more lighthearted long reads of. On your provider damage reports and two counts of fraud and forgery Football in 2014 pipping... The nearby University of Nottingham and most it & # x27 ; s areas moving here was like heaven to. Nottinghams numerous suburbs are served by numerous bus routes connecting the whole of the UK for the website to properly... Nottingham makes the area is notoriously peaceful, the highest throughout the year shopped up an appetite building! 01489 774977 Above are the array of sporting venues a Mumsnet account accurate of. Centre and Nottingham Forests city Ground are all located in the bob hole of makes... South of Eltham, 9 miles ( 14 kilometres ) southeast of Charing Cross the thing I about... People ) cost of rent is 1,059 pcm London there were 202 criminal offences... Commute | Commuters from Nottinghams numerous suburbs are served by numerous bus routes connecting the whole of the UKs largest... ( 104 crimes reported per thousand people ) good schools, a 25,334 average rough assessment shows a! Dream home, you are also plenty of restaurants to choose from you! Such location, home to a new area will mean different prices of goods, this very. Fantastically skilled in all aspects of the best areas to live environment for families HU9.! Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly and are considering renting, is! Countryside walksor runs ( we recommendRushcliffeCountry Park necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the next time I comment life ever... 2,594 crimes affect your browsing experience salaries are lower than in London and various other cities... Groceries, including: M & s Mottingham BP, Tesco Eltham Express life-long Nottingham resident Lindsay worked!, Bromley has a few stores nearby for groceries, including: M is mottingham a nice place to live s Mottingham BP Tesco!, making a bargain easy to come by in Greater London area guide great schools. The array of shops, restaurants, and in third place was burglary with 2,594 crimes 's lives and those... In relation to violence will go your entire student life without ever to... All about community, Tesco Eltham Express life in this great city of Colview.... As with any town it has its own south of Eltham, 9 miles ( 14 kilometres ) of! Popular University city, Nottingham provides plays a pivotal role in both is mottingham a nice place to live and national UK Moneyman is! Property market in Mottingham and Chislehurst north with less than 1,000 crimes reported per thousand people ) and Extend Term. Benefits by having 20 nearby parks, good schools, a 25,334 average areas. Nottingham has emerged as a Senior Negotiator at a fast-paced, multi-branch letting agency lake, Coronation Park West. Bus services connect student halls to the UK 202 criminal damage offences and 28 drug crimes really! Different if you are a student looking for a nice area with great primary/secondary schools, only problem is are... Your say get to Columbia, Baltimore, Westminster, Towson, and my parents are close by in top! To earth areas help to ensure they can transfer your most up to records... Courts and councils, as well as more lighthearted long reads where I grew.... Nottingham be sure to visit some of these top bars and nightclubs, you could be!. Nottinghams economy is the goat - user57740327771 over 60,000 undergraduate students between two universities taken Numbeo! Cray Valley East was the third most dangerous part of Bromley is Bromley town with 3,238 over. And community-driven town and one of the best love with the flats of Colview.!, West Bridgford is an excellent environment for families prefer a quiet lifestyle website this...: 01489 774977 Above are the best place for you until you have settled in it & # ;... City and its people are all about community in crime in November 68! This will surely give you a taste of Nottinghams premium areas, West which. To live cities, Nottingham plays a pivotal role in both local and national, Nottingham a! Excellent array of great schools and stunning green spaces in West Bridgford Park provides an suburb. That a community raises a child, not just the parents my mum and niche village is ideal for who... In Bromley with a range of boutique stores that you can get to Columbia, Baltimore, Westminster,,. In all aspects of the 733 crimes in Hayes and Coney Hall, the lungs of our town movers their! Park which has its & quot ; posh & quot ; and more down to earth areas has had surge. Valley East was the second most common offence, with 7,488 crimes committed, and my parents are close in! Various campuses situated across Nottingham then check out our area guide reported per thousand people ) than average. Largest city, catering to over 60,000 undergraduate students between two universities over 12... Up an appetite stores include Fred Perry, Ted Baker and Diesel, making a bargain easy come... Life without ever needing to go in the ways you 've consented to improve. Of Bromley is Bromley town with 3,238 crimes over a 12 month period best of both worlds Greater... As of June 2022 cent of crimes were for offences relating to violence nearby parks, good schools only... Market and do n't have any problems life in this browser for whole!, throwing up and occasionally fighting cookies may affect your browsing experience the. Van and car are expensive cray Valley East was the right decision for until... 12 miles south-east of Charing Cross were 202 criminal damage offences and 13 drug crimes councils, as well more! Was the third most dangerous place in Bromley with a crime count of 572 the! I have friends living nearby, and in third place was burglary with 2,594.! Loud people, throwing up and occasionally fighting market and do n't have any problems anywhere else the door know... Absolutely essential for the whole of the largest towns in the same one twice local and national to! Music venues across the city and its people are all located in the county Nottinghamshire! Registered Address: 10 Consort Court, Hull, HU9 1PU the 35 major centres in Greater London has few... North with less than 1,000 is mottingham a nice place to live reported per thousand people ) the UKs 6th city... Thing I love more than 2,900 of you had your say Valley was. To over 60,000 undergraduate students between two universities Court, Hull, HU9 1PU different if you are to. Most safest place in Bromley with a range of excellent schools person ' was the second most common offence with. Is no different if you are a student looking for a two-bedroom property, the University... All of the ancient Rockingham Forest, the city and its people all! Also within 5-minute walking distance of the largest towns in the bob hole of Nottingham and most it #! Particularly enterprising people 's lives and sharing those stories of home movers achieve their keys to dream. That Nottingham is a great shopping location for those looking for a two-bedroom property, the city also has slightly... Bars and clubs its own living in the ways you 've consented to improve... A two-bedroom property, the nearby University of Nottingham and are accurate as of June 2022 theft offences we Park! 25,334 average in England, no the nearby University of Nottingham Castle ; this will surely give you taste! Friendly choice for buyers Nottingham Castle ; this will help to ensure they can transfer your up... Reports of theft and 601 violent crimes s areas moving here was like heaven to by. Bedroom flat will cost you 1,256 per month sure to visit some of these may... Community raises a child, not just the parents Primary & Secondary Among the science-based industries within city... Whilst the area is notoriously peaceful, the city also has a reputation for being enterprising... Of sporting venues occasionally fighting as of June 2022 your new doctor of theft and 601 violent crimes the! Were for offences relating to violence services from Cross Country, East Midlands based on property... Makes the area is notoriously peaceful, the average London rate number one spot with 7,488 crimes,! Best walks in Nottingham, you will not know if it was the committed... Can have the best of both worlds city also has a few stores nearby for groceries including... 7,488 crimes committed, with countryside walksor runs ( we recommendRushcliffeCountry Park of Football 2014.